Sunday 31 January 2010

Family Tree News - 31 January 2010

This week I have been busy researching several family trees. Highlights for me include a family with a strong Naval background going back to the mid 19th century, various railway and colliery workers, and a Lord Mayor.


Thanks to Mr I Elliott, who got in touch this week with further information regarding one of his family members who died in the Coventry Blitz. I have updated the listing on the Coventry Blitz Resource Centre with the new information kindly supplied.

In my spare time I have finished transcribing the definitions and notes for just over 240 old job titles. These ones begin with the letter S, ranging from Sacristans to Sword Slippers. I have published these to my Dictionary of Old Occupations; they amount to ten new web pages! Last weekend I was so engrossed with this project that I ran out of time to publish a family tree news update. Hope you find the dictionary useful when you are researching your family tree.

All the best,
Jane Hewitt

No comments:

Post a Comment