Sunday 31 October 2010

Family Tree News 31 October 2010

I have spent my evenings this week revamping the index page for the Dictionary of Old Occupations. It is now much easier to find the job you are looking for because the Index now shows all jobs currently listed and each title is a working hyperlink to the relevant page and job definition. With over a thousand hyperlinks on the page this was no small task. I still have several pages of notes to type up for the last few letters of the index, but it was worthwhile taking time out to make the index page friendlier to use.

The 70th anniversary of the Coventry Blitz is looming. Many events are scheduled to take place to mark this major event in the history of Coventry. I have added a bit more information to the details of the blitz victims, my thanks to family members for getting in touch. Please keep these pieces of family history coming, they make valuable additions to the site to preserve local history and educate future generations.

A list of events taking place to mark the 70th anniversary of the Coventry Blitz can be found on the Coventry Blitz Resource Centre page. If you are running an event which is not listed and wish me to add it then please drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment