Sunday 4 October 2009

Family Tree News - 04 October 2009

As promised, I have published a new page about the tragic death of William Wombwell, who was killed by an elephant in Coventry in 1849. This page includes, following a productive trip to the archives, a lengthy transcript from a historical newspaper article, recording the official inquest.

I have made several minor website improvements this week, such as checking for errors and adding some info about GEDCOM files. Mostly I have been busy progressing three large family tree projects, which are presently ongoing.

I was able to help a nice lady who contacted me for help tracing her Scottish ancestors, who said, "I have spent such a long time going round in circles.". Always a pleasure to help a fellow family tree researcher in need!

No comments:

Post a Comment