Sunday 6 December 2009

Amazing old photos of Coventry rising from the ashes of the Blitz - coming soon!

Family Tree News - 6 December 2009

Just a quick news update this week - research is going ahead full steam as Christmas approaches!

I have found time this week only for making a few minor tweaks and updates to the website. However, browsing through my collection of family history photos, I found a set of amazing old photos taken throughout the 1950s. They show Coventry as it was being rebuilt following the devastation of the Blitz. I am spending my leisure time converting these old photographs to electronic format. They show Coventry rising from the ashes of destruction, and it is fascinating to see familiar city landmarks being built. Not to mention all the old cars!

I will pick out some of these archive photos from my collection to publish to the website. I am thinking about putting a page together on Coventry Cathedral, and another photo gallery showing Coventry City Centre - e.g. Broadgate and Coventry Precint - being constructed. Check out www.familyresearcher.co.uk in a week or two, as I hope to have something worth uploading soon. All the best, Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment