Sunday 13 December 2009

Family Tree News - 13 December 2009

Delighted to have published a new web page about the rebuilding of Coventry Cathedral following the devastation of the Blitz. The black and white photographs are taken from my family archive. Dating back to the 1950s, they depict the construction of Coventry Cathedral as it rose phoenix-like from the ashes of destruction as a symbol of peace reconciliation.


If you own any old photographs of the Cathedral taken after the Blitz, and wish to share them, I would be interested in hearing from you.

Thanks also to Mr D Barron who kindly sent me a photo of his relative who was sadly killed during the air raids on Coventry, and some additional data for the website. I hope to publish this in my next website update.

No comments:

Post a Comment