Saturday 10 April 2010

Family Tree News - 10 April 2010

Amongst the interesting projects I have on the go at the moment, I have been helping an ex-Coventry resident discover the details of how his old school friend died in World War 2. Turned out the chap was an Ex-Daimler employee who was killed in action in 1945. I was able to track down the grave reference details; he was buried in the Netherlands.


I have been spending a lot of time at the Archives over the last couple of weeks. Sad to report that they have reduced their opening hours, so I was kept hanging around outside last week waiting for them to open up! When I finally got in out of the rain I was able to research the Parish records for Avon Dassett and local directories for records on a Coventry Coal Dealer from approx 80-90 years ago.

I have added another 100 job descriptions to the dictionary of old occupations, so if you are interested in information about old jobs beginning with the letter D then take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment