Sunday 21 March 2010

Family Tree News - 21 March 2010

My family tree presentation packs have been especially popular recently. I am becoming a familiar face at the post office, having just posted another ten packs. Looks like I will need to visit the stationers again, to stock up on supplies!

I recently visited the archives to search the Parish Registers for St Lawrence Foleshill and for Haseley village. I found out some useful information about baptisms and marriages for two of the projects I am working on at the moment. Also, I have been researching various London Parish Records including St Nicholas Deptford and St George in the East.

It was interesting to dig up some family history about two brothers working in the watchmaking industry. One was a guilder, the other a jeweller. The local 18th century Apprentice Enrolment records are a useful source of information. These records tell us the name and occupation of the apprentice’s father, which certainly helps when researching your family tree. I am always happy to look up such local records for people with ancestors from Coventry and the surrounding area.

My family researcher website has had several minor updates, including some of the latest family tree software recommendations for those of you who are researching your own trees. The new 2010 version of Family Tree Maker is very good, and well worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment