Sunday 7 March 2010

Family Tree News - 07 March 2010

I have been putting together several copies of one of my completed Gold Presentation Packages. Acting as go between I introduced an adopted child to their birth family (a delicate process but can be very rewarding).

I visited the archives and looked at the Parish registers for Foleshill, Stretton on Dunsmore and Leek Wooton. I also checked copies of the Midland Daily Telegraph for obituaries and searched Spennell’s Coventry list of Residents (this is a great way to find the addresses for relations in the 1920s as it includes most residents not just those with trades). I am now putting the finishing touches to a birthday presentation pack which will be sent special delivery to ensure its safe arrival.

I have also found time to type up another 80+ jobs for the Dictionary of Old Occupations. These begin with G, featuring glassewryghts, assorted gun makers, several textile and mining industry job definitions and many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment